The digital age has given us so much, including millions of websites that would haunt the dreams of many budding designers. But this distinct lack of aesthetic appeal and function is perhaps why web designers are now so highly sought after. It takes a trained eye and a studied mind to strike a balance between something that works as well as it looks, and this is where we come in. Our bachelor has been designed to open your eyes to the limitless possibilities of web, primarily focusing on interactive and interface design. You’ll be given access to a world-class, studio-based learning environment, developing your skills on the latest software, while building connections and networks with students from other disciplines.
|NEXT INTAKE:||FEBRUARY 2019|
|DURATION:||MIN 6 TRIMESTERS, 2 YEARS FULL TIME|
|AVAILABLE CAMPUS||SYDNEY, MELBOURNE|
|FEE HELP||FEE HELP AVAILABLE |
Learn the foundations of the design industry which will give you the essential technical skills and knowledge.
- Fundamentals of drawing
- Principles of design
- Design and layout
- Interaction design
- Web design
- Critical and creative thinking
In Stage II we show students how their Web Design work contributes to and interacts with broader culture and media practice. This knowledge will enable students to work with a variety of other disciplines and artists and expand their potential on the global stage.
Students will complete a number of real-world projects with students not only in their own discipline, but also in all other SAE disciplines.
Stage II has two studio modules with projects based on the bringing the students web design learning together. Students will further explore the elements of interaction design, learning about designing and shaping interactive digital products for use. They will also explore interface design for web and communication devices, learning about making the user experience as simple and easy as possible. Students will work with other designers to visually support usability. Students will also work on design for content management systems, focusing on various aspects such as user control for designers, content editors and front-end programming.
Now is the time to put all your new skills to the test by completing your compulsory internship. Gain real-world experience while also undertaking an interdisciplinary project of your choice to be the final and most ambitious portfolio project that you will undertake.
YOU WILL LEARN
Learn the foundations of the design industry like the essential technical skills and knowledge in your chosen discipline, and the skills you need to collaborate with other creative media
- Start design studio work in trimester 1
- Work with a range of talented students and staff, build professional networks, and collaborate on real-world projects
- Experience a course designed in collaboration with industry partners, develop the skills the creative industries want
- Develop advanced skills in industry-standard software packages, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Acrobat
- Build high-level visual thinking and design knowledge – learn the skills the creative industries demand
- Learn how to produce advanced designs for web, digital publishing and print
- Learn marketing skills relevant to the current industry such as search engine optimisation and development of social media campaigns
- Become part of an exceptional creative, multi-disciplinary team: be encouraged to take creative risks, work collaboratively, and develop artistic independence
Graduate roles may include:
SAE Design graduates have been involved with companies in advertising, marketing and retail including The Printing Place, Harvey Norman, Berryme Frozen Yogurt and World Wide Printing, to mention just a few…
READY? START YOUR CAREER TODAY!