Our bachelor doesn’t just scratch the surface of visual aesthetic, but delves deep into the craft, providing you with a detailed understanding and hands-on experience across typography, pre-press, design for print, logo creation, digital application and more. You’ll study the concepts and methodologies of drawing through a variety of media, with an emphasis on anatomical studies and perspective for environment and character creation. You’ll be given access to a world-class learning environment, featuring the latest Adobe Creative Suite, collaborating with other students and expert teachers, while delivering real-world projects.
|NEXT INTAKE:||FEBRUARY 2019|
|DURATION:||6 TRIMESTERS, 2 YEARS FULL TIME|
|AVAILABLE CAMPUS||BRISBANE, BYRON BAY, SYDNEY, MELBOURNE, PERTH|
|FEE HELP||FEE HELP AVAILABLE |
Learn the foundations of the design industry which will give you the essential technical skills and knowledge.
- Fundamentals of drawing
- Principles of design
- Design and layout
- Interaction design
- Web design
- Project Management and Professional Etiquette
- Critical and creative thinking
- Contemporary industry overview
Complete a number of real-world projects with not only Graphic Design students, but students from other disciplines. You will further explore typography, design for print and media and pre-press to create professional projects relevant to their industry and further develop strong project techniques. Students will discover additional facets of the design industry including photography and working with other professional tools to develop a full sense of the design industry in its entirety.
Now is the time to put all your new skills to the test by completing your compulsory internship. Gain real-world experience while also undertaking an interdisciplinary project of your choice to be the final and most ambitious portfolio project that you will undertake.
YOU WILL LEARN
Learn the foundations of the design industry like the essential technical skills and knowledge in your chosen discipline, and the skills you need to collaborate with other creative media professionals.
- Start design studio work in trimester 1
- Work with a range of talented students and staff, build professional networks, and collaborate on real-world projects
- Experience a course designed in collaboration with industry partners, develop the skills the creative industries want
- Develop advanced skills in industry-standard software packages, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Acrobat
- Build high-level visual thinking and design knowledge – learn the skills the creative industries demand
- Learn how to produce advanced designs for web, digital publishing and print
- Learn marketing skills relevant to the current industry such as search engine optimisation and development of social media campaigns
- Become part of an exceptional creative, multi-disciplinary team: be encouraged to take creative risks, work collaboratively, and develop artistic independence
Graduate roles may include:
SAE Design graduates have been involved with companies in advertising, marketing and retail including The Printing Place, Harvey Norman, Berryme Frozen Yogurt and World Wide Printing, to mention just a few…
READY? START YOUR CAREER TODAY!