Animation is pure imagination. Few industries allow you to create what has never been seen before, which is very, very cool. But it’s also a profession where technical expertise and application is as important as raw talent, and this is where we come in. This course is all about building your character and credentials by giving you hands-on experience in 3D modelling, rigging, design, textures, lighting, rendering and compositing. Throughout your course, you’ll explore each aspect of animation in detail with the guidance of expert teachers. You’ll be working on cutting-edge software like Maya, Autodesk 3D MAX, and Adobe Creative Suite to help bring your ideas to life, as well as learn collaborative and project management skills – all within a world-class, studio-based learning environment.
|NEXT INTAKE:||FEBRUARY 2019|
|DURATION:||6 TRIMESTERS, 2 YEARS FULL TIME|
|AVAILABLE CAMPUS||BRISBANE, SYDNEY, MELBOURNE, PERTH|
|FEE HELP||FEE HELP AVAILABLE |
Learn the foundations of the animation industry which will give you the essential technical skills and knowledge.
- Storytelling for contemporary media
- Principles of design
- Fundamentals of drawing
- Foundations of 3D graphics
- Principles of animation
- Project management and professional etiquette
- Critical and creative thinking
- Contemporary industry overview
Explore how your Animation work contributes to and interacts with broader culture and media practice enabling you to work with a variety of other disciplines and artists expanding your global stage potential.
Stage 2 has studio modules with projects based on your specialisation selection;
- 3D Modelling
Develop and implement 3D pipelines to create environments, vehicles and characters while exploring texturing and shading, lighting and rendering.
- Character Animation
Focus on the principles of character animation including posing, motion studies, body mechanics and facial animation. Develop animation rigs that serve as a means to control and animate a character.
- Visual Effects
Explore the areas of computer modelling, texturing, lighting, rendering and compositing. Investigate topics such as moving, particle systems, dynamic simulations and colour grading.
Now is the time to put all your new skills to the test by completing your compulsory internship. Gain real-world experience while also undertaking an interdisciplinary project of your choice to be the final and most ambitious portfolio project that you will undertake.
YOU WILL LEARN
Learn the foundations of the animation industry like the essential technical skills and knowledge in your chosen discipline, and the skills you need to collaborate with other creative media
- Learn advanced-level industry-standard animation tools, such as Autodesks 3DS Max and Maya and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience an Animation course designed in collaboration with industry partners, develop the skills the film and interactive media industries want
- Work with artists, designers, web, mobile and games developers, film makers, animators and audio specialists
- Learn from Animation industry veterans who are masters of their craft
- Develop high-level special effects in collaboration with film makers
- Learn and apply narrative theories to produce compelling animated films
- Work with games developers to produce rich worlds, assets and animation for interactive media titles
- Learn in a collaborative, studio-based environment where your teachers are also your mentors
- Learn and apply industry-standard project management methodologies from day one.
Graduate roles may include:
SAE Design graduates have been involved with companies in advertising, marketing and retail including The Printing Place, Harvey Norman, Berryme Frozen Yogurt and World Wide Printing, to mention just a few…
READY? START YOUR CAREER TODAY!